Sorry for the super cringy title but it was meant to do that. When writing this I was just thinking of Tommy Pickles from Rugrats and it couldn’t be helped. But I digress. So it’s official! I have converted to a cloth diaper mom! I know that can sound absolutely silly, but it is the honest truth. Mind you this was a fairly recent conversion. Prior to this I had be using disposable diapers. I mean: why not? I got soooooooo many boxes during my baby shower and I guess I figured why stop.
Now going into 8 months with my daughter she got this awful diaper rash from these wipes she was allergic too. I tend to try new products and see what works well with Alice, however I couldn’t help but feel I made a bad call with this. Anyway, I knew I wanted to take all the precautions to help my daughter get back to her rash-free happy baby bum!
Then I remembered a friend of mine who mentioned how happy she was using cloth diapers. Before I couldn’t even fathom why she adored them so much especially since it would require constant washing, a huge expense, and when it came down to it, it was absolutely confusing.
It wasn’t until the rash I realized how much discomfort Alice was having when she would scratch at those disposable diapers. It would bother her so much it disrupted her sleep. I never felt more helpless. I realized cotton was the key to healing. So I immediately started looking into options for cloth diapers. When I say, it is worth the buy I mean it.
I have yet to try out the different brands that would be best. But rest assured I will talk about it in a future post. In the mean time here are some awesome benefits to cloth diapers.
- HUGE MONEY SAVERS: By that I mean you would literally be cutting the amount of money in half when switching. It might not seem like it in the beginning but when you do the math, you find that it makes absolute sense.
- GREAT MATERIAL: Now I am not saying all cloth diapers are like this but a lot are. It’s always great to put your baby in cotton because well, babies have sensitive skin.
- COMFORTABLE: I can’t count how many times Alice was so uncomfortable while sleep in disposables. Cloth diapers help baby sleep more soundly.
- MULTIPLE USES: This is self explanatory.
- REDUCES RASHES: Just say bye to all the harsh chemicals when they produce this factory developed disposables.
And last but not least,
- FUN DESIGNS: My favorite reason; who doesn’t love their baby to model cute stuff like cloth diapers. You’ll want to buy more than you need.
Really it is up to the parents what they think is best for their child. But if you are ever looking for an alternative, this is the one. I am happy I gave it the chance and wouldn’t change it for the world. It’s a lifestyle I chose for my happy baby bum!